Learn how to use a kiln to make glass art and jewelry. A 5 week course to teach the fundamentals.
This class is not open for registration yet. It requires a minimum of 4 to sign up prior to opening. If you would like to register to be notified when the workshop will be available, add your name to the waitlist. There is no obligation or deposit required to be on the waitlist.Waitlist Me
This class is intended to introduce artists and crafters to use of the kiln to make their glass art or jewelry. Over 5 weeks, you will learn basic skills:
1. planning fusing and slumping projects
2. cutting glass 3. preparing and using forms and molds
4. intro to enamels & stencils/stamps
5. programming kilns for basic fusing and lumping 6. coldworking on the vertical grinder, drill press and tile saw.
Students will learn by executing 3 projects
1. Plate/Bowl - Choose from several patterns to create a finished plate or bowl
2. Jewelry - plan and create a necklace or earrings using glass and glass enamels
3. Art panel - Bring in your own image and learn to recurate it in glass using frit painting, enamels and stencils.
This is meant to be a fun introduction or refresher to the tremendously diverse field of kiln glass forming. At the completion of this class, participants will be eligible to rent open studio time in both the warm and cold shop to progress their skills or learn new ones through our advanced workshops.
This class is a waitlist only class. If you are interested in the class, when you waitlist, you will be asked for preferred days and times. Then once we meet minimum class size, we will reach back out to confirm you's still like to take the course and to arrange best timing for participants.
Minimum age: 16 yrs. Younger is acceptable if accompanied by an adult.